Watchguard Family of Firewalls and UTM Devices
The range of WatchGuard firewall devices provide a cost effect and best in class security solution to businesses starting from a single user up to a large corporation. All run the same software and offer the same range of subscription services so no matter what size of business you have, WatchGuard has the security solution for you!
The range is rated in many ways but one of the most important is by the internet speed that will be connected to it (throughput) and starts at the T10 rated at 90Mbs when all subscription services are switched on. The high end models like the M4600 are rated at more than 8 Gbps and are suitable for corporate headquarters.
Keep the Bad Guys out
The Watchguard family is smart – it comes with knowledge about the internet and how to keep your business safe by examining every packet of data and applying rules to either allow or deny it. The subscription services add anti-virus, anti-spam and other services, getting rid of the internet nasties before they get inside your businesses network.
The subscription services currently include the following:
- APT Blocker uses a cloud-based sandbox with full system emulation to detect and block advanced malware and zero day attacks (additional subscription required).
- Application Control keeps unproductive, inappropriate, and dangerous apps off-limits.
- Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS ) delivers in-line protection from malicious exploits, including buffer overflows, SQL injections, and cross-site scripting attacks.
- WebBlocker controls access to sites that host objectionable material or pose security risks.
- Gateway AntiVirus (GAV) scans traffic on all major protocols to stop threats.
- spamBlocker delivers continuous protection from unwanted and dangerous email.
- Reputation Enabled Defense ensures faster, safer web surfing with cloud-based look-up.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) automatically inspects data in motion for corporate policy violations (requires additional subscription).
- Network Discovery gives administrators total visibility into every connected device.
- Mobile Security only allows network access to mobile clients that adhere to corporate policy with WatchGuard’s FireClient app installed.
Watchguard uses different best of breed companies for each of the services above. These include Trend Micro, AVG, Kaspersky, Websense, Cyren and Lastline.
If you'd like to know more about how WatchGuard can keep your business safe please fill in your details below: